Home | Programs | Vanilla | About Vanilla
What is Vanilla?
Vanilla is the ultimate list program, so that you can keep track
of all the CD/DVD/Tape/Record and more, media that you own. It is designed to be
very flexible, as you can add any kind of media (i.e., PC Games, Movies, Xbox games
etc..). Vanilla also incorporates several useful and powerful functions, which are
Vanilla is written in C#, thus uses the .Net v2 framework. Vanilla
is will work on every version of windows above Windows 98, as long as .NET Framework
v2.0 is installed
Main Vanilla Interface
You can download Vanilla Here:
You only need to download the .exe file.
The Sample List is provided so that you can try Vanilla without entering any
data, so that you can use it to play and test Vanilla to see if it is right for
The Sample List is just a collection of randomly collected data of things that
exist in the real world. This list does not imply anything.
All the Walkthroughs use the Sample_File.van.
- Easy To Use
- Keeps Track of all of your Media (for example: CD's, DVD's, Tapes)
- The list can be Grouped to any number of columns (for example: Group by every Genre
- Sort the lists via any of the fields.
- Add/Edit/Delete items to the list.
- Vanilla features "adaptive learning" - Just type in what you to use (in
the "Type", "Genre" and "Format".fields)and you can
then use it from then on!
- Facility for saving "Your Favourites" - Just drag and drop (or use the
menu/toolbar). Select what you are interested in, and then drag it to the favourites
list. You can even save this list to a text file for future reference.
- When you add details to an item, you can paste the description of the item from
"dirty text" sources (like .nfo files, or text files with a lot of non-text
characters), then press the "Clean Up" button. Vanilla will automatically
remove all of the junk characters!.
- Extensive Search Engine. Looking for anything in particular? simply search for it
- and as a bonus, you can copy the results straight to the "My Favourites",
so you can have a record if it
- Select the amount of text to show on the main list for Name and Description.
- You can perform advanced List Maintenance. Say you want to remove every occurrence
of "Video CD" from your list, you can easily do that. Or do you want to
rename every occurrence of "Game" to "PC Game" in your list?
- Your list data can be exported as a XML, Text or CSV file. Alternatively, you can
save in Vanilla's native compressed file format (the files are small!)
- You can attach detailed comments to each of your lists.
- Vanilla provides a large range of interesting Statistics, so you can see the breakdowns
on your list.
- Comprehensive Help Screen.
- Vanilla remembers your screen settings. So the next time you start Vanilla, it will
be in the place where you left it!